Thursday, February 18, 2016

Post #4- Is it the same as a Golden Ticket?  (February 18,  2016)

The 

is when you finally get the itinerary for the flight information to leave for your teaching position.

To me hearing from ADEC ,that I received the job, is the Golden Ticket.

Today, two weeks and one day after I flew to Chicago for my in-person-interview, I FINALLY HEARD SOMETHING!!!!!!!

However, I feel like it is still a bit ambiguous.  It doesn't say NO and it doesn't say YES.  Basically, I have been accepted to move on to be reviewed by ADEC's Hiring Committee (oh, who interviewed me the first time?)

I don't have to do anymore interviews.  I think what this means is that they feel good enough about me that they are passing on my interview packet to be considered for one of their teaching positions.

I was given a checklist of reminders, to keep working on my paperwork for immigration, to not stop moving forward as I await the hiring committee's final response.  My placement recruiter believes this will be another two or three weeks and when she gets an offer for me (contract), she will call me.

I wanted to post this as many friends and family are waiting to hear from me.  Also, if you are observing my progress, for your own research, you can be aware that this could happen.

Dr. Shannon Rennaker, educator

7 comments:

  1. I ❤ this. Awesome!!!! Im following you of course Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, we are on the same boat! I hope we will be working together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I follow you Shannon you are an amazing storyteller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for asking. You need a Google Plus account (like gmail) and go to the right of the screen and click on JOIN THIS SITE. Then you will be notified by e-mail anytime I make a post!

      Delete
  4. My "Join this site" icon has disappeared (as far as i can tell) so if you follow me on Google Plus it should automatically let you know when I make a new post!

    ReplyDelete